Vegetarian ‘Chicken’ Noodle Soup
When you aren’t feeling well, what’s better than a homemade bowl of chicken noodle soup? Well, no-chicken noodle soup, of course! 😉 You can even substitute vegetarian ingredients in your grandma’s classic recipe, for a delicious, comforting meal. Or you can just try my simple recipe below.
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper
6 cups Imagine No-Chicken broth
1 lb veggie chicken, cubed
1/2 lb eggless flat noodles
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, parsnip, onion, and celery and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add broth, turn up the heat, bring to a boil.
- Add the veggie chicken chunks, return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Add noodles and simmer until the noodles are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add parsley and dill, stir, remove the bay leaves and serve.
- (Add water or more broth to reach desired thickness.)
This is my all-time favorite broth for most soups. I can’t always find it locally. Luckily, Amazon carries it.