Vegetarian DIY McRib Sandwich
Well, (unfortunately) the McRib is again available for a limited time. Clearly, it’s not a healthy food choice, and you can make it much better. Here is a copycat recipe for a vegetarian (easily made vegan) DIY McRib sandwich.
- 1 MorningStar Farms® Hickory BBQ Riblets
- 1 6 inch long sandwich bun
- 2 tablespoons McDonald’s Copycat Barbecue sauce (combine 1/2 cup Kraft original flavor barbecue sauce, 1/3 cup Bullseye original barbecue sauce, 1 teaspoon light corn syrup) [although, I prefer an all natural bottled version]
- 1 tablespoon chopped white onion
- 3 sour dill pickle slices
- Prepare Riblets according to package directions.
- Split roll in half and lightly toast.
- Stack Riblet, BBQ sauce, pickles, and onion on the bottom half of the roll. Finish it off with the top half.